Chicago, IL 60606 US
The Technology Solutions Department is responsible for designing and delivering state of the art technology solutions that are designed to create efficiency, mitigate risk and grow revenue for the Firm. Technology Solutions is also responsible for defining, managing, and executing a robust Cyber Security program following the NIST Cyber Security Framework. Technology Solutions focuses on technical excellence through innovative application designs, robust data integration and analytics, high availability infrastructure and gold level service for our key stakeholders with information security embedded throughout. Critical functions within Technology Solutions include Project Management, Vendor Management, Business Analysis, Enterprise Data Governance and Stewardship, Application Development and 3rd Party Integration, Strategic and Secure Infrastructure, and Operations. The Technology Solutions Department collaborates closely with Firm leadership and business unit heads to develop plans in line with business objectives.
The Golub Capital Infrastructure Team needs a Senior Systems Engineer well-versed in the Microsoft-based technology ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience in information technology, including working for mid-sized organizations.
The primary technology responsibilities of the role include:
- General Windows Administration, including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365 architecture and administration
- VMWare 5/6 and associated technologies
- Azure Datacenter Administration
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Build and support solutions that leverage our existing investment in Microsoft-based technology
- Build a process of continuous improvement with the technologies and products you are responsible for supporting
- Participate in the Infrastructure Team on-call rotation
- Incident management
- Quality written and spoken communication skills
- Close working relationships with peers
Experience with the following is considered a plus:
- Automated software deployment solutions such as Microsoft SCCM
- Systems management systems such as Microsoft SCOM
- ITIL concepts
- Disaster recovery programs and testing
- Datacenter management
- Project management
- Experience providing evidence for IT audits, such as SOX, PCI, or HIPPA
Qualifications & Experience:
- College degree with relevant on the job experience
- Self-motivated, team oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Client oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Motivated by a fast paced, complex environment
- Proactively stays current with technology to develop innovative solutions for the business
- COVID vaccinations required, subject to applicable local, state and federal law
Critical Competencies for Success
Our Gold Standards Model defines key behaviors and competencies across 4 dimensions: Leadership, Achieving Results, Personal Effectiveness and Thinking Critically. These behaviors and competencies drive our ability to win together.
- Leadership: Role models in this area consistently focus on the right goals and priorities and continually develop themselves and others. Always team players, they influence and engage with others to contribute to a great culture.
- Achieving Results: Role models in this area are high achievers who develop careful plans and execute consistently and effectively. They hold themselves and others accountable for delivering high quality results.
- Thinking Critically: Role models in this area understand our business, rely on analytical reasoning to define and solve problems and make decisions effectively. They are forward thinking, anticipating issues and addressing them in advance.
- Personal Effectiveness: Role models in this area build strong relationships and communicate effectively. They are driven to exceed expectations and adaptable to changing circumstances.
The department-specific competencies define the knowledge, skills and abilities that are needed to successfully perform the functional or technical work of this role.
- Technical Support: Triages, troubleshoots and resolves technical support issues. Escalates issues as needed.
- Software Development Principals: Utilizes software development, secure programming principles and a knowledge of programming languages to develop, configure and / or integrate new software and applications.
- Business Needs Assessment: Identifies business needs across departments within the Firm to understand the challenges, goals and problems that the business needs to solve and identifies appropriate technical solutions.
- Data Management and Information Security: Manipulates, restructures and / or queries data for various purposes, including reconciling issues in the database, designing database structures and / or generating reports. Adheres to governance principles and maintains data integrity and security.
- Risk Management: Identifies, forecasts and articulates ways to pursue and manage informed risks in ambiguous, complex or uncertain situations based on sound value propositions and an analysis of potential rewards and costs.
- Testing: Evaluates the functionality of an application, system or solution to ensure that requirements have been met and defects have been identified. Applies an understanding of end user requirements and usage in the end-to-end system to produce a quality product.
- Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the Firm's position in the industry, including its complex structure and competitive advantage in the marketplace. Monitors industry trends and changes and recognizes their relevancy and implications.
- Technical Communication and Documentation: Documents and communicates technical processes and procedures in area of specialty to stakeholders. Adapts the level of detail and specificity based on the needs of the intended audience.
- Vendor Management: Manages and coordinates with external vendors. Researches and identifies new vendors as needed and monitors performance.
- Relationship Management: Builds and maintains effective partnerships with internal clients and end users by advising on their needs and options, advocating for their business within the Technology Solutions department and managing expectations appropriately.
- Project / Program Management: Manages Technology Solutions project elements considering conflicting priorities, interdependencies, business objectives, communications and available resources.
- Innovative Mindset: Leverages an agile and creative mindset to drive innovative value creation, continuous process improvement and proactive learning through new technology, processes and people.