Systems Administrator (O365 / Azure)
Chicago, IL 60611
The Systems Administrator will play a key role in supporting the Company' s core infrastructure technology related to servers, desktops, messaging, identity, productivity applications, and backups. The role requires an individual with a high level of curiosity and a strong desire to understand how things work " under the hood". The right candidate is passionate about technology, enjoys innovating and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The position requires strong analytical and critical thinking skills to be successful.
· Manage Office 365 technologies such as SharePoint, Exchange, and Teams.
· Administer identity and access requests for on-prem and Azure environments.
· Administer and configure on-prem and Azure AD Group Policy.
· Manage hybrid technologies such as AD Connect and Azure Site Recovery.
· Administer the Company' s windows workstation and server patching solution.
· Administer and configure the Company’ s identity provisioning tool.
· Assist with the remediation of security vulnerabilities.
· Lead investigations related to potential identity incidents.
· Run and analyze permission reports on file servers.
· Utilize and customize the internal infrastructure monitoring solution.
· Serve as a point person for resolving infrastructure production related incidents.
· Install, configure and support third party business applications on Windows Server.
· Support and troubleshoot core infrastructure technologies such as DHCP and DNS.
· Administer the Company' s on-prem and Office 365 backup technology.
· Test and validate the Company' s Disaster Recovery procedures.
· Author and update scripts to automate system administrative and other operational tasks.
· Provide ongoing updates to team members regarding projects and operational items.
· Develop and implement IT procedures and standards to support IT policies.
· Provide end user support as needed as a secondary line of support.
· Assist with user workstation builds and decommissions, as needed.
· Partner with service providers providing infrastructure related products and services.
· Work outside normal business hours as needed to support operational needs.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
· High level of curiosity and a drive for understanding how things work.
· Passion for working with technology.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving technology problems.
· Strong working knowledge of Active Directory (including Azure AD) and Office 365.
· Strong working knowledge of Windows domains, DNS, and DHCP.
· Experience managing Azure or AWS.
· An appreciation and dedication to detail.
· Self-driven and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Effective at managing multiple projects and shifting priorities to meet business needs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with Service Management concepts such as incident, problem, change and knowledge management.
Desired, but Not Required:
· Degree in Computer Sciences or related technical field.
· Microsoft certifications or similar industry certifications.
· Working knowledge of PowerShell.
· Financial services, or other regulated industry experience helpful.
· Passionate about helping the business succeed.
· Passionate about helping users.
· Passionate about learning new technologies.
· Sets the bar high with relentlessly high standards.
· Committed to excellence, quality and getting things done right the first time.
· Always curious about new possibilities and acts to explore them.
· Constantly seeks out opportunities for self-improvement.
· Takes on challenges head-on and always looks for ways to identify solutions.
· Willing to take on initiatives without being asked.
· Accepts accountability for decisions and actions.
· Works independently, but seeks others outside the company to help, if needed.
· Ability to work effectively within a team.
· Willing to respectfully challenge decisions, even when doing so is uncomfortable.
· Open to feedback and willing to take action on feedback when provided.
· Follow through on deadlines, commitments or promises.