Software Engineering Manager
Chicago, IL 60606
Software Engineering Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
As a Software Engineer Manager, you will be accountable for delivery of various software solutions. Leading multiple scrum teams in an agile environment, you will take features from initial design to production release. We put a large focus on building teams that can work seamlessly using shared mental models and training to get into a flow. You will apply software engineering best practices and principles to deliver high quality, maintainable, reliable, performant, and scalable software on schedule, on budget.
- Work with stakeholders to set and communicate team goals aligned to requirements.
- Specify non-functional requirements and align timelines and architectural design to meet requirements.
- Works with the IT Leadership team to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop a workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
- Improve agile software engineering processes and practices
- Led teams through all scrum ceremonies (standup, sprint planning, retro, and story refinement)
- Identify, prioritize, and execute plans to reduce technical debt.
- Lead efforts to fully test all software using multiple approaches (unit, integration, automated UI) with a focus towards reliable CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the software engineers.
- Passionate and enthusiastic technologist who stays current on emerging software approaches and trends
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders
- Proven experience setting and meeting software deliverable deadlines
- 8 years+ of professional software engineering experience applying best practice software engineering designs
- 8 years+ of experience using C# or comparable language
- 3 years+ of experience with js frontend technologies such as Angular or React
- 3 years+ of experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance, and a paid time off policy
- A progressive, employee-centric culture with multiple social, wellness, and volunteer events throughout the year
- Casual dress code
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapid-growing company