San Francisco, CA 94101 US
Rust Software Engineer
We are a pioneering team focused on advancing blockchain technology to new heights. Our mission is to securely scale blockchain networks while minimizing trust assumptions. We're committed to pushing the boundaries of innovation to make decentralized systems more efficient, secure, and accessible. Our work revolves around optimizing blockchain scalability and compatibility, while fostering resilience and permissionless participation.
Position: Rust Software Engineer
As a Rust Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and architecting core engineering efforts across our technical stack, encompassing smart contracts, operational nodes, developer tooling, and various web2 front-ends.
- Collaborating closely with key stakeholders to make significant product and engineering decisions, contributing to the evolution of our technology as we progress towards our goals.
- Guiding and nurturing the growth of the engineering team, with a focus on elevating engineering standards and promoting a culture of excellence.
To be successful in this role, you should possess:
- Over 5 years of professional engineering experience, including ownership of multi-month projects. You should have a track record of effectively communicating progress, risks, and dependencies to stakeholders and partners.
- Profound expertise in distributed systems, security, and cryptography.
- Previous experience with the Rust programming language, along with familiarity in Go and/or Solidity.
- A thorough understanding of major public blockchain clients like Geth, or similar.
While not mandatory, the following qualifications would be beneficial:
- Previous involvement in designing systems that combine off-chain and on-chain components, such as rollup solutions.
- Prior exposure to devops practices.
- Familiarity with startup environments.
- Knowledge of web3 tooling, including but not limited to Foundry/Forge and Hardhat.