Principal Engineer - Cryptography (Remote)
San Francisco, CA 00000 US
Stealth XYZ is a cutting-edge startup focused on advancing zero-knowledge (ZK) cryptography solutions for privacy-preserving applications. Our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to securely interact and transact in a decentralized and private manner. We are seeking a talented Rust Cryptography Software Engineer to join our team and drive innovation in cryptographic protocols and systems using the Rust programming language.
Position Overview: As a Rust Cryptography Software Engineer you will play a key role in designing, implementing, and optimizing cryptographic protocols and systems leveraging Rust's performance, safety, and concurrency features. You will collaborate with our world-class team of cryptographers, researchers, and engineers to develop cutting-edge solutions for privacy-preserving applications, including zero-knowledge proofs, secure multiparty computation, and decentralized identity systems.
- Design, implement, and optimize cryptographic algorithms and protocols using the Rust programming language.
- Collaborate with researchers and cryptographers to translate cryptographic primitives and protocols into efficient and secure Rust code.
- Develop and maintain cryptographic libraries and toolkits, ensuring high performance, reliability, and security.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of zero-knowledge proof systems, secure multiparty computation frameworks, and decentralized identity solutions.
- Conduct code reviews, write unit tests, and ensure code quality and adherence to best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in cryptography, zero-knowledge proofs, and Rust language features, and incorporate relevant findings into our development process.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate cryptographic components into our products and services, ensuring compatibility and interoperability.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on cryptography, security, or systems programming.
- Proficiency in the Rust programming language, with a strong understanding of ownership, lifetimes, and concurrency.
- Solid understanding of cryptographic primitives, protocols, and algorithms, including zero-knowledge proofs, homomorphic encryption, and secure multiparty computation.
- Experience with cryptographic libraries and toolkits such as OpenSSL, libsodium, or secp256k1.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, decentralized networks, and privacy-enhancing technologies is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Professional development opportunities and ongoing training.
- Vibrant company culture with team-building activities and social events.
Join us at the forefront of zero-knowledge cryptography innovation, shaping the future of privacy and decentralization. If you're passionate about Rust programming and cryptography and eager to make an impact in the ZK space, we'd love to hear from you!