chicago, IL 60606 US
Finance experience strongly preferred.
We are currently a small investment firm based in Chicago, seeking an IT Manager to join our team, supporting our offices across different locations. The IT Manager will work collaboratively with our Managed Service Provider (MSP) and internal team members to develop and implement infrastructure and information security recommendations aligned with our business and IT strategies. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful problem solver with excellent project management and stakeholder communication skills.
- Collaborate with our Managed Service Provider and the CTO to identify best practices and implement innovative technology solutions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Guide and support the MSP in optimizing the use of cloud-based platforms to improve performance, security, and capabilities supporting our applications and development activities.
- Develop, document, and review IT Customer Support functions and activities.
- Develop, document, test, and review cybersecurity, infrastructure, and overall landscape.
- Lead significant IT initiatives to streamline operations and enhance technology capabilities.
- Research appropriate hardware and software solutions to meet specific customer needs.
- Investigate, research, and resolve escalated customer issues in collaboration with the MSP team.
- Manage subscriptions and monitor usage to ensure efficient licensing practices.
- Develop and communicate IT guidelines and procedures to ensure a strong control environment.
- Negotiate service contracts and oversee vendors to ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Maintain inventory data for hardware, software, and license resources.
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Lead IT disaster recovery planning and testing efforts.
- Respond to infrastructure and security-related audit requests and remediate findings.
- Monitor and review equipment standards.
- Review and respond to employee phishing questions and company-sponsored phishing programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Experience in finance
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field; OR 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT.
- Five years of experience in an IT support or customer service environment.
- Experience with supporting the Microsoft technology stack including Azure, Office 365, Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Endpoint, and Microsoft Defender.
- Proven experience leading successful IT projects, initiatives, or implementations.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments.
- Experience supporting a distributed workforce with strong stakeholder communication skills.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and process-driven.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment.
- Team player mentality with strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills; able to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with rapidly shifting priorities and needs.
We are dedicated to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment where employees can thrive and contribute to our collective success. We offer a competitive benefits package, flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.