Business Intelligence Analyst - REMOTE
Chicago, IL 60606 US
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for improving the organization's data and reporting functions within the organization. As we develop a comprehensive data warehouse, the BI Analyst will be responsible for creating technical and business-oriented documentation for data definitions, field mappings, and process flows. In addition to regular projects the BI Analyst responds to ad-hoc requests for information by asking pertinent, clarifying questions, identifying the relevant data needed to satisfy the request, and presenting the information to the requester in a clear and concise manner and embodies a mindset of process improvement, resourcefulness and a problem solver.
• 3 years relevant experience in a data analyst or BI business analyst role
• 3 years relevant experience with MS BI Stack (Database, Stored Procedures, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
• Advanced analytical skills that demonstrate ability to learn how to navigate systems, access data, reconcile numbers from different sources, identify discrepancies and understand drivers of change within data.
• Capacity to quickly assimilate complex information and provide analysis tailored to suit the audience.
• Exceptional attention to detail to both content and presentation of information and avoids complacency with routine processes.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical business teams around the world.
• Displays intellectual curiosity to challenge the status quo and tackle challenging problems.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience working with an Agile development process and collaborating with technology partners.
• Proficient in the following: Excel, SQL, Jira/Confluence
• Experience working in the Medical Billing industry is a plus.
• Microsoft Power BI certification is a plus.
• Develop data and reporting requirements documentation in line with data systems framework including business requirements documentation, data mapping, and test plans.
• Plan and design processes and make recommendations and changes to improve and support business systems and activities.
• Ensure all data warehouse reporting reconciles to existing management systems.
• Facilitate requirements, gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations.
• Complete ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Provide training to end-users on how to use Power BI reports and dashboards effectively.
• Create and maintain documentation related to report development processes and best practices.
• Maintain good relationships with key business users and stakeholders, and the BI development team.
This role is to be filled outside the state of Colorado.