Backend Engineer - Global/Remote
New York, NY 10012 US
About the Role
We are looking for seasoned Backend Engineers specializing in the MEV (Maximal Extractable Value) and Ethereum ecosystem. As a Backend Engineer in this role, you will thrive in rapidly evolving environments, learn new technologies on the fly, and tackle complex problems with a builder mentality.
- Contribute actively to the development of core products in the MEV and Ethereum ecosystem, such as MEV-Boost, MEV-Share, and other related offerings.
- Create and manage comprehensive technical documentation/diagrams for public use, fostering an understanding and accessibility of our products.
- Develop and maintain public API services and user-friendly tools to support the MEV and Ethereum ecosystem, including searchers, integration partners, and end-users.
- Implement robust tests to ensure the quality and stability of our offerings.
- Engage positively with our community, addressing their technical issues and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Proven experience working on production systems utilizing Golang or Rust.
- Ability to contribute effectively in an asynchronous work environment, both as part of a team and working autonomously.
- Adaptable, accountable, and solution-oriented, with a focus on delivering high-impact solutions.
- T-Shaped skills, showcasing both depth of knowledge in a specific area and breadth of knowledge across multiple areas.
- Deep familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem and MEV supply chain.
- Experience working across the Ethereum stack (e.g., working with Ethereum clients like Lighthouse, Prysm, Geth or Reth, smart contract programming, etc.).
- Contributions to open-source projects.
We are a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since our launch, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. Our solutions have been widely adopted, influencing the Ethereum PoS ecosystem and beyond.
We have an independent arm dedicated to MEV research, collaborating with external researchers and publishing seminal research on MEV-related topics.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Opportunity to work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At our organization, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team, welcoming applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.