Application Security Engineer - REMOTE
REMOTE, IL 60606 US
We are looking for a Application Security Engineer with diverse skills to join our team. We're looking for an Engineer that take an active interest in DevOps and Security. Someone who can contribute the success of the security team in various ways, from deploying new infrastructure for our security team, to leading a project where you identify the best way to solve a technical problem. Previous experience working in the trading/financial industry is preferable but not required.
- Collaborate with various software, IT, and trading support teams.
- Identify solutions to various technical problems. The solutions can purchased or developed internally.
- Develop software projects, these might include working on a legacy or greenfield projects.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Understanding of the various areas within security.
- Working with a programming language.
- Experience with DevOps and building tools/applications.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and facilities.
- Experience with automation and scripting on the Linux platform.
- Strong initiative and proven experience independently driving projects to completion.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Understanding of the various layers within the OSI model.
Bonus Points For:
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Python, GoLang, Rust, C#, Java, git.
- Experience working with monitoring & logging tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, etc.
- Experience working with automated deployment tools such as Ansible, Chef, Capistrano, or Puppet.
- Experience using AWS to deliver solutions.