540 W. Madison Street, 26th Fl. Chicago, IL 60661
We are seeking a Virtualization Engineer to architect, deploy, and support the firm’ s virtualization infrastructure. A Virtualization Engineer will be dedicated to providing reliable, flexible, and performant VM hosting utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities.
- Design, deploy, and administer multiple VMware-based virtualization platforms utilizing VMware vSphere and a variety of 3rd party vendors.
- Assist in managing storage devices utilized by virtualization platforms.
- Conduct performance, capacity, and lifecycle planning and ensure the environment is meeting the needs of the business.
- Manage Veeam VM backup and monitoring environment to ensure systems are running optimally and recovery targets are met.
- Perform problem resolution, root cause analysis, and implement projects to reduce issues.
- Implement automation and scripting to reduce manual tasks and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of outages.
- Manage vendor relationships and research and test new/updated technologies.
- Act as point of escalation to other teams for virtualization knowledge and experience.
- Handle all aspects of new hardware deployments including hardware specifications, quoting, and provisioning.
- Document systems and configurations for ease of support for other members of the team.
- 10+ years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, and maintaining VMware vSphere and associated products (ESXi, vCenter, Airwatch/Workspace ONE, Horizon/View, vSAN, UAG)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization concepts and interactions with guest operating systems
- Solid knowledge of and previous experience using scripting technologies (i.e. PowerShell/PowerCLI or Python)
- Knowledge of storage-related connectivity protocols and technologies (iSCSI, NFS, fibre channel, SAN, NAS, DAS, etc)
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and their interactions with virtual switches/hosts.
- Experience with VDI, containers, and/or cloud virtualization platforms a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues while making sensible decisions.
- Previous experience working in the trading industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
- Proven ability to learn; passion for new technologies
- Be part of a 24x7 support team with on-call rotation
- Must have strong work ethic and initiative, ability to independently manage allocation of time.