VP of Technology Product Management
209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
Our organization provides software and services that enable clients to communicate with confidence in a complex regulatory environment. With 3, 500 employees in 61 locations across 18 countries, we provide thousands of clients globally with innovative tools for content creation, management and distribution, as well as data analytics and multilingual translations services. Leveraging advanced technology, deep-domain expertise and 24/7 support, we deliver cost-effective solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We believe that building a great software team requires diverse people with a common goal. You will be part of that team.
The Venue web application is a secure, turn-key solution that enables clients to share highly privileged information beyond their firewalls with bidders, counterparties, investors and other controlled audiences.
The VP of Technology Product Management (TPM) is responsible for the technology team who partners with Product Owners to develop and deliver on the product strategy. The TPM will co-create and drive vision and product design with the Product Owners. The TPM makes sure that work flows across the development teams, adhering to established agile development processes, which in turn allows for effective delivery and reporting.
The VP of Technology Product Management will build and manage a team dedicated to the product solution inclusive of technical architects, solution owners, and the delivery team (developers, scrum masters, and QA). The product teams are also supported by enterprise resources responsible for designing and articulating platform architecture, and assuring efficient and cohesive development and delivery throughout the company product suite. The TPM ultimately drives successful delivery of the product while pushing forward upon the platform vision.
Good candidates for VP of Technology Product Management will have strong cross-functional leadership skills, lots of initiative, and will excel at building communication channels. They must be able to cultivate relationships with the delivery team, customer executives, end-users, and other stakeholders necessary to drive high product adoption and customer retention.
- Accountable for understanding the business strategy and related product direction, and assuring that technology priorities and architecture support the product vision.
- Influence business strategy by explaining technology capabilities to product management and other stakeholders, and suggest release sequencing based on priorities and dependencies.
- Help Product Owners manage Customer and Executive / Leadership team relationships, through effective communications and reporting
- Support Project Roadmap planning, construct implementation plans, and communicate schedules
- Document releases and assures technology resources are aligned to release schedule.
- Responsible for estimating and meeting release targets.
- Support project scoping and configuration, while serving as the knowledge-bearer for testing where required.
- Create solution architectures that are leverage-able for future reuse across all products sharing the same platform
- Actively seek opportunities to leverage existing technical platform assets to deliver solutions for new business offerings and services.
- Adhere to standards in best practice design patterns and ensure that technical solutions perform to expectations.
- Assist development teams in documenting/enhancing detailed application designs and interfaces.
- Accountable for solution delivery per project scope, timeline, quality, and budget
- Accountable for maintaining product quality through the teams’ execution of proper testing steps, methods, and tools
- Responsible for assuring an excellent user experience, and maintaining UX consistency with company guidelines.
- Participate in staff recruiting, retention, and motivation, working with HR team responsible for IT staffing.
- Secure, allocate, and balance resources to meet business and project goals
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years leading Product Delivery teams
- 10+ years of practical experience in software development, architecture and technical leadership, and/or product management
- Experience developing complex, secure, cloud-based SaaS applications with global customer base
- Experience in managing development, architecture, QA and UX teams.
- Experience building and managing distributed teams, including offshore
- Experience managing multiple concurrent software releases
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum, Iterative, XPP) and continuous delivery tools and techniques
- Ability to foresee potential expansion-impeding gaps in technology
- Knowledge of architecture principles and frameworks
- Knowledge of application and Integration design methodologies, standards and best practices
- Experience developing, supporting and operating client facing applications requiring 24/7 availability
- Solid foundation in client-facing and service-oriented technologies
- Experience supporting and enabling change management programs for development teams
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter and an excellent problem-solver
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills