VP of Technology Business Operations
209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
Our Technology team is responsible for all facets of technology delivery for the organization, including product development and delivery, enterprise application implementation and support, infrastructure and operations, and global field support. The Director of Technology Business Operations will report directly to the CTO and assist in the development and execution of technology strategy, and the running of the technology business operation. The Director of Technology Business Operations will implement and manage a portfolio management framework that allows the technology team and the internal business partners to manage the intake process and track key milestones from delivery through ROI assessment. S/he will work closely with technology peers and Finance to assure that the division remains on budget and seek ways to derive best value for all investments. Additionally, this role will initiate and oversee strategic cross functional projects for the organization.
As the Director of Technology Business Operations, essential responsibilities include:
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology to achieve business goals by fostering innovation and prioritizing technology initiatives
- Establish and maintain repeatable strategic planning processes and align to both the company’ s business strategy and enterprise architecture
- Communicate Technology Strategy, Roadmap and Performance and aid integration by ensuring alignment of objectives, priorities and messaging for leadership team
- Develop key presentations/communication in various mediums and topics to help drive organizational understanding and alignment
- Provide oversight and leadership to special CTO-initiated programs/projects. Prioritization of key projects and management of critical issues.
- Participate in internal risk control/audits and provide executive level view of all issues and coordinate remediation plans from a variety of sources
- Provide metrics and dashboards to assess and communicate technology’ s performance that encompasses portfolio management, resource capacity, cost controls and operational status
- Prioritize and manage projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major products and enterprise systems.
- Maintain and grow an appropriate organizational structure that supports the needs of the technology business.
- Participate in and support the identification of opportunities for the appropriate and cost effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Prepare and track the technology annual operating and capital budgets. Assure mitigation for overages and continually look to optimize investment.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Monitor and report on the continuous delivery of technology services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.