VP of Engineering
Chicago, IL 60607
VP of Engineering
Provi is looking for a VP of Engineering to join our growing team.
Founded in 2016, Provi is an open digital marketplace connecting retailers (bars & restaurants), distributors, and suppliers in the alcohol industry. We are a well funded (backed by a top tier venture capital firm), hungry team making a splash in the $240-Billion-dollar beverage industry.
Who we are:
We’ re a passionate, collaborative, and rapidly growing team focused on building the future of alcohol ordering, enabled through technology.
Who you are:
As VP of Engineering, you will run all facets of the engineering team - shaping the team as it grows, guiding technology choices and overall technology strategy, and being involved in architecture and product developments. You are a talented technical leader, who can help us think long architecturally, get the most out of our team, and guide all aspects of the company’ s technology as we continue to scale.
What you’ ll be doing:
- Oversee software development - own development efficiency, code quality and the entire development process.
- Lead a migration from Angular to React
- Conduct regular 1: 1s with engineering team members, set their professional goals, and ensure they are working towards achieving those targets.
- Work closely with product and business teams to ensure future work is clearly-defined, feasible, and find areas to reduce scope or improve features.
- Scale the engineering team and shape the engineering culture going forward.
- As a member of the management team, work with a small group of leaders within the organization to drive company initiatives
- Ensure the architecture’ s scalability
- Strong technical and management experience
- Experience growing/scaling an engineering team
- 5+ years of experience building robust and scalable products including hands-on experience creating web applications
- Experience integrating APIs
- Knowledge of the Ruby ecosystem
- Strong background in OOP
- Flexible work environment: Work out of our amazing office in the West Loop with snacks, drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Benefits: Equity, Healthcare, Equipment, & 401k options