Trading Operations & Support Specialist
Chicago, IL 60606
The trading technologies department of FRM is responsible for the creation, testing and operations of a global trading platform. This platform trades all asset classes and operates on a 24/5 basis, managing billions of dollars and multiple publicly traded funds.
Our testing group works closely with both developers and the users of the system, mostly traders. Testers are responsible for learning the system and creating creative and thorough test plans and cases to test the system. The group strongly believes in automation but even more strongly in thorough documented testing and test processes.
The trading technologies department utilizes Microsoft technologies largely. Software is in .Net, databases on SQL Server and applications run on Windows Server. In addition to this infrastructure, the development, testing and operations teams use various modern tools and techniques to deliver a reliable trading platform.
Your Role/What You’ ll Do:
- Proactively learn product functionality
- Support a 24/5 trading operation
- Configure and monitor the production trading system
- Build and maintain virtual environments for the QA group and UAT testing
- Deploy software to various environments per our processes
- Maintain and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Assist the software testing group as necessary
- Excellent social and communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in a trading environment
- Enthusiastic about support
- Ability to take on projects and operate with minimal oversight desired
- Ability to learn complex systems
- 3+ years of experience supporting a trading system
- Programming skills to assist in automation
- Experience with VMWare and Azure environments
- Experience with the FIX protocol