TradeOps Analyst (NY, London, OR Singapore)
32 Old Slip 30th Fl. New York, NY 10005
TradeOps Analyst - NEW YORK
The Trading Operations (TradeOps) team is responsible for managing the firms live trading environment. This hire will create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. This includes configuring, monitoring and optimizing the firm’ s trading as well as handling risk, regulatory and development tasks.
The Trading Operations team focuses on automating common tasks and preparing for the unexpected.
Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and automation.
Being a member of Trading Operations at means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. We' re looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
In a high performance environment, immediate awareness of and reaction to systems and trading issues is essential. You’ ll be in charge of managing new initiatives and responsible for ensuring a smooth trading day. You are the first line of defense against any outage and the person most knowledgeable about recent changes to the production trading platform.
Responsibilities include being in charge of morning startup and evening shutdown, responding to external market alerts and outages, and interfacing with exchanges to support trading.
- You attained a Bachelor’ s degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Physics, Math, Finance, Chemistry, etc.)
- You possess a strong working knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- You are an automation geek. You do not do the same task twice, manually
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- You can debug and analyze problems quickly and under pressure
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do?
- You are skeptical by nature and have a high attention to detail
- You are excited to work independently in a very fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Understanding of Market Data/Order Entry systems
- Interest in how modern electronic markets work
- Industry experience and/or Series 7 certification is a plus
Please note: this role has a shifted schedule and requires weekend work to support trading.
Our Client brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. They have built one of the world' s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.