Technology Operations Manager
Austin, TX 78701
Our Client is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2, 200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for their clients.
We are looking for a Technology Operations Manager to lead the operations team to support, maintain, and enhance technology systems that power the firms platform globally. The ideal candidate should possess strong leadership skills and experience to recruit, develop and guide a talented team of engineering and operations professionals. He/She is an energetic self-starter who works well under pressure, possesses strong communication & technical skills, adaptable to change, and demonstrates great aptitude to learn new technologies.
The candidate and his/her team will be responsible to proactively improve the serviceability of systems by providing user support, responding and tracking system outages, managing technology & business escalations, evaluating product readiness, and identifying system gaps by soliciting end-user feedback. He/She will be the interface between Technology and other stakeholders, such as Analytics, Traders, Portfolio Managers, Business Operations, and service providers. The Technology Operations Manager will maintain close relationship with technology & business teams and be the focal point of accountability by tracking key operational metrics and delivering on strategic initiatives.
- MS degree in Computer Science or MBA
- 10+ years of technology operations experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team of engineering and/or technical operations professionals responsible for critical systems
- At least 5 years of technical experience as an individual contributor prior to management.
- Proficient in ITSM suite of tools
- ITIL Certifications is preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive, initiatives
- Excellent organizational, leadership and customer service skills
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills and possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management skills
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues