Technical Lead/Manager - Fixed Income, Commodities, and Currency Desk
Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm.
The Fixed Income Currency and Commodities (FICC) Options team at applies tools from a variety of disciplines including statistics, control theory, machine learning, optimization, and signal processing to trade and risk manage several options trading books. Our team collaborates on technology needs, idea generation, signal development, and risk management approaches.
The team is looking for a Technical Lead to help manage the growing tech stack. The role would report directly to the Head of Systematic Trading and would be responsible for coordinating production software efforts across all products traded in the group.
What you will do in this role:
Manage software engineering staff supporting options trading, including:
- trading platform
- data infrastructure
- risk management systems
- Prioritize and project manage technology projects
- Identify inefficiencies in technology stack and suggest improvements
- Coordinate with other teams across the firm to provide solutions utilizing partner technology stacks
- Explore new technologies and designs that can be used to improve technology stack
- Supervise QA, uptime, documentation, and other support for options trading infrastructure
- What is needed for this role:
- Experience leading a front office trading technology team
- Experience in handling large data and high throughput data systems
- Significant hands-on experience with programming a trading system using Java or C++
- Excellent communication skills