Tech Ops Engineer - Austin
Austin, TX 78707
Tech Ops Engineer
Our Client is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2, 200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients.
Our Client is looking for a Technology Operations Engineer to support, maintain, and enhance technology systems that powers the platform globally. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a team player having a passion for system monitoring, software engineering and building automation. He/She works well under pressure, possesses strong communication & technical skills, adaptable to change, and demonstrates great aptitude to learn new technologies.
The ideal candidate will be part of the team that provides uninterrupted support to business for cutting edge proprietary trading systems, risk management systems and portfolio management reporting systems. The Technology Operations Engineer will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts while ensuring that a variety of projects are supported using the industry operational best practices. He/She will prototype and implement solutions to improve system availability, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Python scripting ability
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong understanding of UNIX system administration and automation
- Strong understanding of high performance grid computing is preferred
- Strong understanding of cloud and machine learning/artificial intelligence is preferred
- Strong understanding of middle-tier and caching technologies experience is preferred
- Foundational knowledge of Big Data technologies is preferred
- Foundational understanding of networking, including TCP/IP at layers 2 and 3 and CCNA level
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and applications
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to understand/develop object oriented scripting to assist in task automation
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills and possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management skills.
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues
- Our Client is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.