Glenview, IL 60025
Skills: Level 2 Systems Support Engineer-Microsoft-Office 365-Azure
We are a Chicagoland based Managed Service Provider looking to add a Level 2 Systems Engineer to our growing staff. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Support Engineer that works well in team environments with outstanding customer interaction skills.
Additionally, this individual will:
- Provide technical and operational support to coworkers.
- Consults with management on project design/development needs.
- Possess the ability to manage projects of moderate scope or complexity with no direction
- Personable with strong business acumen and the ability to understand the impact technology has on the business’ outcome and success.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in end user desktop support/Microsoft Technologies
- Experience supporting, deploying, and maintaining Windows Server, VMware, and Active Directory
- Experience in the administration, and support of MS Office 365 platform.
- Networking knowledge and hands on experience with Cisco, Meraki and/ or SonicWall firewalls, routers and switches
- Understands technical infrastructure to make modifications, design and optimization enhancements.
- Willingness to work directly and communicate effectively with customers in a variety of environments.
- Experience with Public and or Private Cloud computing - AWS, AZURE is a plus
- Strong Windows Desktop Support Experience- (Knowledge of MAC' s is a plus)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2 / 2016 / 2019
- Cisco Routing, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless
- VMWare (General Configuration / Administration / Support)
- Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, Teams
- Microsoft Azure / Amazon AWS/ Hybrid Infrastructure-
- 3+ years working experience as a Level 2 System Engineer with infrastructure/Network experience
- Hands-on experience implementing complete solutions and best practices
- Working knowledge of Servers, Network, Active Directory, Virtualization and Data Backup
- Problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box and work independently
- Formal Education & Certification College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Certifications are a plus