Chicago, IL 60606
- Systems Engineers are responsible for maintaining a robust, best in class, extremely low latency Linux trading environment. A passion for technology, problem solving, and optimization are critical to what we do.
- The right balance of speed and quality is crucial. We value good engineering practices and scalable solutions over pagers and on-call rotations. We take our responsibilities for stable financial markets very seriously.
- As Systems Engineers we work with development, trading, and other technology teams to implement solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- We focus on automation, DevOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery so we can deploy everything – hardware, software, solutions – rapidly and repeatably.
- We manage the deployment process of solutions as they are developed. We do our best to get changes to production as quickly as possible as improvements can have a very clear effect on our profitability.
- We leverage our big data infrastructure to build analytical reports and push data driven improvements.
- We write code (Python, Java, Go, etc.), we re-engineer processes, and we communicate and collaborate with others to constantly improve our technological advantage.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilizing the solution
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results we encourage everybody to gain understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- Working at our firm is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’ s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. We will not accept less.