Systems Engineer (NYC)
New York, NY 10005
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and want to learn a lot more in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, colo work coordination, monitoring, testing new hardware and software, automation and tool development, and performance tuning. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Python and shell scripting experience
- Comfortable using Unix shells
- Strong communication skills
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- 0-5+ years experience (will consider someone more Sr)
Our Client brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world' s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.