New York, NY 10013
The Enterprise Technology division is responsible for delivering high quality information technology products for internal users at a global scale, through core infrastructure, automation, security, and cloud-based services.
- Supporting servers and desktops in a mixed operating system environment, and working efficiently with our internal technology teams and other operations groups
- Identifying, prioritizing, and resolving level 2 incidents and requests
- Proactively working on issues, identifying problem areas, and providing solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Installing and supporting Windows and Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS)
- Troubleshooting software application issues
- 5+ years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering
- An educational background in computer science or IT (preferred).
- Experience with scripting and coding (Python, PowerShell, Go, Perl, Java, C, Shell, etc)
- Experience with IT automation frameworks such as salt/ansible/or puppet/sccm
- Experience with Linux package management (dpkg/apt, rpm/yum, etc)
- Knowledge of desktop/server hardware and computer security
- In depth knowledge of System/OS level networking
- Experience with automation
- The ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve software/hardware failures.
- Carefully balance information security with systems administration.
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work well as part of a team that supports production, back-office computing, and end user support functions
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents
- A working knowledge of Linux (preferred)
Candidates should also be:
- Organized, responsible, and meticulous. Documentation at a high level is a requirement
- Strong communicators
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Participate in off-hours, weekends and holidays on-call support as required
- Able to work both with a team and independently
- Available for occasional travel to Offices based out of New York and London to provide support from those regions