Systems Administrator - Linux
25 Calhoun Street Charleston, SC 29401
Our client has been chosen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to build and operate one of the largest trading databases ever created; Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive audit trail that will track orders throughout their lifecycle and identify the broker-dealers handling them, thus allowing regulators to more efficiently and accurately track activity in Eligible Securities throughout the U.S. markets. When complete, the CAT will be the world’ s largest data repository for securities transactions tracking approximately 58 billion records of orders, executions, and quote life-cycles for equities and options markets on a daily basis.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the technology work they provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
- Unix/Linux Systems Administration, with primary responsibilities of building systems and supporting operations and maintenance activities for the platform
- Perform operating system, software and firmware upgrades & patching
- Coordinate infrastructure installation with vendors and datacenter support
- Office 365 & Google services administration and configuration
- Responsible for day-to-day systems administration including account creation & entitlement provisioning
- Monitors systems and respond to failures outside of normal business hours. Coordinate failed hardware replacement with vendors and datacenter support
- Suggest new technologies to address business needs and requirements.
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders and developers to design
and implement new systems or expand existing systems
- Identify and address issues in anticipation of and in response to
company, employee, and customer needs.
- Must be able to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities as priorities change
- Strong experience with Linux and Unix operating systems
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment, including, building and maintaining Unix/Linux servers
- Experience with Office 365 & Google service administration
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues
- Experience with network hardware (switches/routers/firewalls) configuration preferred
- System virtualization, cloud computing environment experience a plus
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Technology, or other related field, or 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry certifications a plus