Sr. Windows Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
The trading technologies department of FRM is responsible for the creation, testing and operations of a global trading platform. This platform trades all asset classes and operates on a 24/5 basis, managing billions of dollars and multiple publicly traded funds.
Our testing group works closely with both developers and the users of the system, mostly traders. Testers are responsible for learning the system and creating creative and thorough test plans and cases to test the system. The group strongly believes in automation but even more strongly in thorough documented testing and test processes.
The trading technologies department utilizes Microsoft technologies largely. Software is in .Net, databases on SQL Server and applications run on Windows Server. In addition to this infrastructure, the development, testing and operations teams use various modern tools and techniques to deliver a reliable trading platform.
Your Role/What You’ ll Do:
- Implement and configure high-performance Windows server hardware
- Implement and support cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Support a 24/5 trading system
- Write automation to maintain the production and other environments
- Troubleshoot and respond to infrastructure-related issues
- Collaborate and work with other network engineering teams in the company
- Excellent social and communication skills
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with high-performance computer hardware
- Expert Windows administration skills
- Strong with networking concepts and routing protocols
- Experience building and supporting a trading environment
- Experience with virtual environments using VMWare ESX
- Ability to work on-call or weekends as necessary
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience maintaining Azure environments