Sr. Security Engineer
Dallas, TX 75201
Senior Security Engineer – Dallas, TX or New York, NY
The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for our organization’ s information security and business continuity planning. The successful candidate will rely on best practices, regulatory requirements, and threat intelligence to design and operate our security-related systems and processes. This role requires a strong, hands-on technical background. Focus areas include enterprise firewall and intrusion detection/prevention controls, SIEM and IAM solutions, vulnerability management, and APT solutions. Excellent project management, writing, and vendor-management skills are a requirement.
Our infrastructure includes high-density datacenters, 700+ servers, virtualization, high-performance compute clusters, tiered storage solutions, a substantial investment in Microsoft’ s infrastructure suite, and a growing Linux and cloud presence.
- Select, develop, and manage the implementation of systems, tools, and processes that will keep us at the leading edge of security. This includes a continually-evolving inventory of gaps to be mitigated and formulation of a proactive strategy to evaluate and implement mitigating technologies.
- Continuously remain current on emerging security threats and technologies
- Serve as the security subject-matter expert on technical questions, as well as the escalation point for security incidents
- Mentor junior engineers
- Establish a clear set of policies and procedures that allows for a more-formalized governance approach to security across the organization
- Partner with our Legal and Compliance departments to monitor and enforce the firm’ s compliance with applicable regulations and laws pertaining to information security
- Partner with our business units to inventory sensitive information and processes across the firm and perform risk analysis and assessments to identify potential gaps. This includes auditing and validating internal and external controls, as well as key service providers and vendors.
- Operate and improve our Business Continuity Program, including plans and procedures, system availability, and alternate workspace solutions. Implement regular, thorough testing of the plans and report on results with the goal of identifying gaps and partnering with business units to remediate.
- Undergraduate degree is a requirement; a degree in a STEM field is a plus
- 5-8 years of hands-on technical experience in an IT security role supporting a large organization
- Expert knowledge of security frameworks and principals
- Expert knowledge of relevant technologies and vendors
- Leadership experience managing projects and being a key liaison with vendors and internal and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Programming experience in Python, C++, C# or SQL
- Automation software (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- AWS or private cloud experience
- Experience in the financial industry