Sr. Platform Engineer
New York City, NY 10001
Our Platform Team works with all other development teams within the company with the goal of moving the company to one platform. The platform consists of services we’ ve on-boarded and built tooling around. We, along with other teams, use the platform as our back-end infrastructure. The team consists of strong software engineers who are able to dig deep into issues, submit patches to the OSS products we rely on, and embed into other development teams throughout the company to help get them onto our platform. We power everything at the company from our real-time trading systems to big-data batch processing pipelines.
- Develop complex new software systems, extend and integrate the latest open-source and third-party services, containerization and orchestration technologies, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Shape how ‘ web-scale’ technologies can be applied in a financial trading organization with varied use-cases and stringent performance and reliability requirements.
- Work embedded with application teams to integrate infrastructure into their real use-cases, work hand-in-hand with our Systems Infrastructure team to build a great platform.?
- 4+ years of experience establishing and evangelizing? engineering best practices across a variety of engineering teams
- Significant experience programming in one or more of? C++, Python, Go, or Java
- Ability to collaborate with a larger team on design innovations
- Keen? debugging, problem-solving, and optimization skills?
- Pragmatic and mature approach to technology
- Experience designing fully automated, scalable, supportable, and reliable? trading systems highly desirable
Bachelors or Masters degree in CS from a rigorous academic program