Sr./Lead Build Engineer
233 South Wacker Drive Suite 4300 Chicago, IL 60606
LEAD BUILD ENGINEER:
- Our trading system encompasses more technology stacks than ever before as we continue to deliver low-latency solutions for our trading strategies. At the same time, our development organization is growing steadily in order to tackle new challenges. Both of these mean that the simplicity and speed of our build environment is more valuable and more challenging than ever.
- As a build engineer, you will continually identify and implement improvements to the software delivery process, from targeted, iterative refinements to sweeping architectural redesigns. We' re looking for someone who will leverage their previous experience in this space to make a mark.
- Improve the daily workflow of engineers by optimizing compile times, improving code quality systems, and simplifying workflows
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges presented by building and optimizing a monorepo codebase
- Design and build automated development, build, test, release and monitoring infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, development productivity, and maintainability
- Collaborate with engineering teams to influence design for engineering excellence
WHO YOU ARE:
- Previous experience owning and managing multi-language monorepo software build systems. (For example, Bazel)
- Previous experience with Java, Python, and/or C++
- You know stable, dependable build environments and rapid feedback cycles are vital for developer productivity. You are motivated by improving the flow of high-quality code into production.
- You take a holistic view, identifying areas for improvement and consolidation across the whole development ecosystem to ensure a seamless continuous delivery stream
- You know that realizing productivity gains depends on adoption by users and can effectively evangelize and promote the benefits of build system changes. You work effectively with development teams and individuals to identify and mitigate pain points in tool chains.