Sr. Cloud Engineer
New York City, NY 10019
We’ re looking for a talented Senior Cloud Engineer, with a passion for Linux, AWS, automation, and configuration management to join our world-class team. Our employees are creative, energetic, friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. If you could walk around our office, you’ d see that we’ re a focused, intent, and nimble company with none of the attitude and bureaucracy of a stereotypical Wall Street trading firm. Our engineers love to work on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
Scalable, secure, and easy to use public cloud infrastructure is crucial to our growth and success, and as a senior member of our Core Engineering team, you’ ll design and architect our next generation public cloud platform, ensuring all our engineering teams have access to the scalable public cloud on top of a performant, consistent, well-monitored, and secure core cloud platform. In addition to building the cloud platform, you’ ll collaborate closely with engineering teams, helping their applications work well with the public cloud.
- Manage and improve our current-generation cloud platform, leveraging scripting and automation tools
- Design and architect our next-generation public cloud platform
- Partner with engineering teams to understand their requirements and facilitate onboarding of their applications onto our cloud platform
- Use devops and infrastructure as code methodologies to realize the cloud platform
- Work with on-prem systems engineers to seamlessly bridge on-prem Linux, storage, and network infrastructure with the cloud
- Coordinate changes to core public cloud infrastructure
- 5-10 years of systems engineering experience (including 2-6 years of highly relevant public cloud experience)
- Excellent Linux systems administration, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience with AWS, including automation, configuration management, and CI/CD
- Well-developed Python and bash programming skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Ownership mentality
- A customer-focused outlook
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field from a strong academic program.