Sr. Cloud Engineer (Microsoft Azure)
209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
Sr. Microsoft Cloud Engineer manages all aspects of our public and private cloud environments, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, app deployments and security. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of 3rd party cloud platforms within the organization. Part of the job will be also managing the Azure Windows server infrastructure and hosted application including a SharePoint and web applications. Provides support to external customers. Must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment and will participate in an on call rotation to provide off-hour support when needed.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new cloud functionality, based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Oversee the Azure cloud infrastructure and platform that host critical financial applications and a large SharePoint Farms.
- Perform typical system administrative activities such provisioning environments, backups, restores, security updates and issue resolution.
- Provide tier 3 Technical supports for any issues related infrastructure and platform.
- Maintain and administer the Microsoft windows 2012 R2 server environment, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS, etc).
- Coordinate responses to security breaches, service interruptions or other critical situations to re-establish system functionality. Monitor, analyze, develop and implement response to problem trends.
- Evaluate system capacity; plans for the future system development and expansion and coordination of most critical internal systems with relevant external systems.
- Plan, organize and coordinate all aspects of large and/or complex system administration projects.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 6-12 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting maintaining Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure in an enterprise environment, including: SCOM, SQL, IIS, AD, DNS, ADFS, WSFC….
- Extensive experience in all versions of Microsoft IIS, and Windows OS, 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Experience administering SharePoint 2016 in an enterprise environment
- Prior experience in Azure platforms, IAAS, PAAS, Service Fabric, ARM, Resource Groups, VNets, Expressroute, Azue Site Recovery and other Azure technologies
- Ability to design high availability applications in Azure across availability zones and availability regions taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Exposure to dev-ops concepts and tools
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with Azure
- Prior experience working with Enterprise VPNs and Azure integration with customer data center
- Strong Experience with PowerShell for maintenance, solution deployment, automated installation, azure automation and windows DCS
- Ability to work with in house development teams, perform application deployments while managing the client facing aspects
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with members of the team and other team in the enterprise.