Sr Storage Engineer
540 W. Madison Street, 26th Fl. Chicago, IL 60661
Our Client is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Storage Engineer to architect, deploy, and support the firm’ s complex storage infrastructure. A storage lead will be dedicated to providing reliable and flexible data storage services utilized by the entire firm for many business critical activities.
- Design, deploy, and administer storage hardware and software solutions utilizing a variety of 3rd party vendors.
- Manage storage-specific network equipment.
- Conduct performance, capacity and lifecycle planning across the suite of storage products and ensure the environment is meeting the needs of the business.
- Manage backup environment to ensure data integrity and archiving of data critical to the firm.
- Perform problem resolution, root cause analysis, and implement projects to reduce future issues.
- Implement automation and scripting to reduce manual tasks and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of outages.
- Manage vendor relationships and research and test new/updated technologies.
- Act as point of escalation to other teams for storage-specific knowledge and experience.
- Work with other teams within the organization on hardware specifications, quoting and provisioning.
- Document systems and configurations for ease of support for other members of the team.
- 7+ years of experience designing, deploying, configuring and maintaining a wide variety of storage hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of data storage and redundancy concepts.
- Knowledge of a variety of server operating systems and their interactions with storage devices (Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac)
- Solid knowledge of and previous experience using scripting technologies (i.e. PowerShell or Python)
- Knowledge of storage-related connectivity protocols and technologies (iSCSI, NFS, fibre channel, SAN, NAS, DAS, etc)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Previous experience working in the trading industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
- Proven ability to learn; passion for new technologies
- Be part of a 24x7 support team with on-call rotation
- Must have strong work ethic and initiative, ability to independently manage allocation of time.