Sr Software Engineer - Trading Infrastructure
540 W. Madison St. 26th Floor Chicago, IL 60606
Senior Software Engineer – Trading Infrastructure
Our Client is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds, and they trade for their own account in markets around the world.
Our Client has several openings on its Trading Infrastructure team, which is responsible for the reporting that powers the firm’ s real-time back office and risk management systems. The core of our system is written in Clojure and uses Rabbit MQ for its messaging backbone. A small team of developers provides a diverse array of services and interfaces used widely throughout the firm.
Our Client strives for an environment where technologists are free to pursue solutions to the problems of the business free from arbitrary management constraints and supported by excellent technical resources. All development teams believe in rapid deployment and feedback, automated testing, and cohesive, transparent, lightly-coupled service architectures.
- Designing, programming, and testing of a variety of applications from servers to Excel plug-ins to web UIs
- Testing at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as green field development
- Learning and promoting new technologies
- Providing on-call support as needed
- Collaborating with various software, IT, trading desks, and other business units
We are looking for strong developers of any stripe, but familiarity with the below will give candidates a leg up in working on our systems.
- Working with the JVM
- Front-end and back-end development experience
- Git, svn
- Rabbit, AMQP
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business.