Sr Software Engineer - Execution
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Sr Software Engineer – Execution
We’ re developing a near green field global cross-asset execution management capability including a SOR with analytics and data pipes. We are seeking a Core Java developer who will help in design, architecture and development of the platform and be a key development contact for the U.S. rates business. The SOR team will consist of excellent and experienced developers globally, so expect responsibility and visibility at all levels where our success will guide role and team opportunities.
To perform in this role, the successful candidate will build solutions in alignment with broader Technology platform guidelines and objectives and which will be utilized for our clients portfolio management and trading activities.
- Build key relationships with portfolio managers, execution traders & analytics/quant groups.
- Create, innovate and deliver; leverage experience - pragmatic approach.
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the product.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Success in building automated / electronic trading systems for Fixed Income & FX, preferably Rates and Credit.
- 3+ years of working experience in Financial Services working on trading systems – either at an Investment Bank or Hedge fund / Asset manager.
- Excellent problem solving and solid development experience in core java.
- Prior experience in real time multi-threaded systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Core Java 8 and above, Spring/Spring Boot
- Akka and/or other Actor/Reactor based designs
- Ability to understand and rapidly implement efficient algorithms.
- FIX 4.2 or above
- Restful services & Java messaging service.
- Spring, CI/CD, git/svn etc etc.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Implementing automated tests (Junit etc.)
- UNIX scripting.
- Python experience is preferred.
- KDB+ experience is preferred.