Sr Network Engineer (Chicago or NY)
Chicago, IL 60654
Being part of our Trading Infrastructure Team, you will get a chance to work closely with some of the brightest minds in the industry and make a large impact on the success of the firm.
Successful candidates will have the ability to work on one of the highest performance networks in class with multiple resources at their disposal.
We are looking for exceptional talent that can work closely with multiple teams and continue to take our infrastructure to the next level. What You' ll Do:
- Design, configure and support our global network infrastructure, collaborating across multiple teams to optimize for proprietary low latency trading applications.
- Support and troubleshoot a hybrid wireless and wired high performance network environment
- Take an automated, data driven approach to diagnosing and solving complex network infrastructure issues such as micro-bursting, jitter and queuing.
- Leverage automation skills and take a “ dev ops” approach to improve efficiency of network management, deployment and maintenance of propriety trading applications.
- Own and project manage global network initiatives from requirements gathering, design review, implementation, deployment and documentation
Skills You' ll Need:
- Experience supporting a large-scale global network environment
- Advance knowledge and troubleshooting of IP networking, TCP/ IP
- Advance knowledge of Switching, Routing (BGP, OSPF) and Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- Experience working with one or more of the following hardware platforms (Cisco, Mellanox, Arista)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python preferred) and expertise with GIT and REST or JSON
- Experience working with automation tools (ie, Ansible)
- Experience with databases and big data tools (i.e. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Splunk, InfluxDB, Grafana).
- Experience with monitoring tools (i.e. Icinga, Splunk, Kapacitor).
- Strong Linux Shell (all utilities) experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability operating in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative approach to complex problem solving, with a positive can-do attitude.
- 5+ years of networking experience
- 1+ year of scripting experience
- CCIE certification or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree (preferably in Information Technology)
- Previous experience demonstrating strategic thinking skills and maturity in tackling complex problems, dealing with people, technology and processes