Solutions Architect / Pre-Sales Engineer
111 W. Jackson Blvd. Ste. 1700 Chicago, IL 60604
We are looking for an accomplished Microsoft Solutions Architect (or Pre-Sales Engineer) to join a technology-driven consulting firm full-time in Chicago, IL.
This person will be responsible for engaging with new and existing clients in an effort to understand areas of opportunity related to technology improvement and building customer/client relationships.
This person should have relationships with Microsoft, AWS, Azure, etc. partners/vendors and professional experience successfully delivering project solutions related to the following technologies/responsibilities:
Core Competencies, Qualifications & Certifications:
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge related to: Office 365, Exchange Online, EM+S, other advanced O365 features (Intune, AD FS, MFA, Conditional Access, ATA, ATP, etc.) | Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, Group Policy| Microsoft server operating systems | Exchange 2007/2010/2013 & experience with native and third party migration tools | PowerShell command line and scripting language/techniques | Azure AD, ADConnect, ADFS, ARM/ASM, ASR, vnets, Azure gateways & appliances | Automation/DevOps concepts, scripting and tools| Azure resource and workload requirements | Understanding of process to develop Azure/AWS migration & operating costs
- General working knowledge related to: Networking and security infrastructure | Web, spam and anti-virus filtering | Database infrastructure | PBX, VoIP, and unified communications| Enterprise client deployment and management | Remote access solutions | Compliance | UNIX/Linux | SAN / NAS storage devices Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer | Microsoft System Center suite | Backup & disaster recovery
- Bachelor degree related to IT and 8-10 years’ experience in IT consulting OR 10-15 years’ experience in IT consulting.
- MCSE & MCSA certifications a plus but not a requirement
Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions around Microsoft public, private, and hybrid clouds.
- Polished communicator adept at producing advanced-client-ready presentations such as proposals, assessments, roadmaps, and design documents.
- Serve as cloud platform subject matter expert and provide escalation support to other team members
- Aptitude to quickly understand clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly
- Gather business requirements and define of technical tasks
- Lead small to medium sized project teams to deliver key initiatives and be the technical point person.
- Maintain and improve competencies across key technology areas
- Participate and support account planning, sales strategy and sales focused meetings
- Can independently manage large strategic accounts and projects without assistance