Software Test Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
The trading technologies department of FRM is responsible for the creation, testing and operations of a global trading platform. This platform trades all asset classes and operates on a 24/5 basis, managing billions of dollars and multiple publicly traded funds.
Our testing group works closely with both developers and the users of the system, mostly traders. Testers are responsible for learning the system and creating creative and thorough test plans and cases to test the system. The group strongly believes in automation but even more strongly in thorough documented testing and test processes.
The trading technologies department utilizes Microsoft technologies largely. Software is in .Net, databases on SQL Server and applications run on Windows Server. In addition to this infrastructure, the development, testing and operations teams use various modern tools and techniques to deliver a reliable trading platform.
Your Role/What You’ ll Do:
- Proactively learn product functionality
- Work with users to determine use cases
- Create creative test cases
- Automate test cases using appropriate technologies and the unit and integration levels
- Execute and report test case results
- Work closely with developers and other testers to understand the requirements
- Provide operational support when necessary
- Excellent social and communication skills
- 1+ years software testing
- Enthusiastic about writing test cases and test plans
- Ability to take on projects and operate with minimal oversight desired
- Ability to learn complex systems
- Experience in the trading industry strongly preferred
- Ability to automate test cases using appropriate technologies