Software Test Engineer
540 W. Madison St. 26th Floor Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client is a principal trading firm, which means they have no outside investors or third party funds.
Currently, they are searching for a Software Test Engineer to join the team. As a Software Test Engineer, you will develop test plans and test cases for various financial trading systems, including risk management, exchange connectivity, trading platforms, etc., that are used globally by Traders and Quantitative Researchers at the firm.
They are seeking a candidate with a strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop automated test strategies and test cases.
- Work with developers to understand changes to systems to validate functionality and find potential issues
- Effectively communicate issues found and help to determine how to resolve
- Perform regression testing on system components
- Automate regression testing of system functionality using Python
- Setup, maintain, and support testing environments used for automated and manual testing for themselves and for development staff
- Help develop tools for automating testing, managing test systems, etc.
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Work with application support group to help troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help troubleshoot and resolve problems in production systems
- Help reproduce issues occurring in production for assisting in determining fixes and verifying that fixes have resolved the issue
- Strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience
- Strong background in building automated testing architectures/frameworks
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of experience in testing Financial/Trading applications or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience coding in Python
- 1+ years of automated testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle testing applications independently
- Experience working with automated test frameworks
- Experience working with databases such as SQL or Postgres
- Experience working on Linux operating systems
- Technical understanding of TCP communications and messaging protocols
- Familiarity with trading risk management
- FIX, ITCH/OUCH, or other trading protocols
- JSON and REST APIs
- Conda packaging and environment management