25 Calhoun Street Charleston, SC 29401
Our Client has been chosen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to build and operate one of the largest trading databases ever created; Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive audit trail that will track orders throughout their lifecycle and identify the broker-dealers handling them, thus allowing regulators to more efficiently and accurately track activity in Eligible Securities throughout the U.S. markets. When complete, the CAT will be the world’ s largest data repository for securities transactions tracking approximately 58 billion records of orders, executions, and quote life-cycles for equities and options markets on a daily basis.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the work they provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
- BS degree in CS or EE with excellent GPA/academic performance
- 5+ years of experience in the financial or technology sectors
- Excellent programming skills, including experience in C++, Python, and Linux
- Solid foundation in data structures and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in close knit teams in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and flawless communication skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis and/or scalable, distributed computing