Software Engineer - Risk/Compliance
3 Greenway Plaza, Suite 200 Houston, TX 77006-5443
We are seeking a Software Developer – Risk and Compliance to help design, build, and operate our state of the art trading systems.
What will you be doing?
As the member of a software project team, you will be doing work that directly affects the ability to trade every day. You will work with a strong team of developers & analysts that will create, maintain and support the tools and software that make up mission-critical risk and compliance applications. On any given day you may find yourself doing the following:
- Building applications that leverage internal data to meet various risk and compliance reporting requirements
- Analyzing enormous amounts of data in near real-time.
- Learning how exchanges work; learning how trading works; learning how our client operates
Who are you?
- You are a continuous learner, passionate about technology and want to know how things work
- Expertise building software in modern C++, Java Script, React, Lua, or python.
- You have a proven record of delivering high-quality software in a Linux environment
- You take initiative, own your work, and are persistent in following your products into production
- You develop manageable and maintainable software; you build things you’ re proud of
- You are smart. Challenges excite you. You easily abstract simplicity from complex systems
- You leverage engineering best practices like Continuous Delivery and TDD for fast feedback and learning cycles
Our ideal candidates bring many of the following attributes to the table.
- Understands static or dynamic languages and selecting the right tool for the job
- Have worked in event driven transaction model or collection pipelines
- Experience building fault tolerant applications able to withstand hardware or network failures
- Understanding of and experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Experience using mysql or mariaDB is a bonus but not required
- Experience with React and full stack development is a bonus but not required
- Experience in the automated trading domain is a bonus but not required
What you’ ll get:
- The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
- Great compensation and attractive bonus structure
- Generous benefits plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
- Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
- Weekly in-house professional massages
- Fully paid, on-site gym membership
- Tickets to sporting and theater events
- Casual dress
- Company events, often including employees’ families.