Software Engineer - Java full stack
One South Wacker Chicago, IL 60602
Our client is adding to their team, and will hire a Java full stack developer by the end of June. They will join a team of 12 in Engineering here in Chicago, supporting a much larger corporate organization.
This selected full stack developer will have strong back-end skills, but also front-end experience the work will require a person with an understanding of how the front-end will be affected by feature changes to the system.
The immediate work will be to support our client' s Digital Group on a back-log of feature modifications and enhancements to their primary web & mobile based products. The position will report to the Director of Engineering in Chicago. Another portion of the work will be application performance upgrades, such as existing frameworks that need to be updated and enhanced.
- Participate in and lead architecture reviews and technology standards definition
- Lead efforts to find, implement and support new technologies, frameworks, and
- Experiment with, implement and propose new processes and technologies
- Develop back-end systems designed for scale
- Analyze business software requirements
- Develop back-end software and tests
- Learn new technologies and broaden your tech stack.
- Provide Tier 3 production support
- Handle live production issues
- Participate in and develop an agile software development process
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing in any of the following: NodeJS, Java
- Experience with NOSQL solutions such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Experience with React/Angular and knowledge of Single-Page Application (SPA)
development is an advantage
- Experienced in developing rich, large-scale web applications is an advantage
- Experience developing robust HTTP APIs and back-end services
- Passion for technology and building products
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills