Software Engineer (Production Operations/DevOps)
209 S. LaSalle 8th Floor Chicago, IL 60601
You will be focused on the ongoing stability and quality of the product. You will be responsible for identifying root cause and providing resolution for production issues. You’ ll be developing software that is reliable, maintainable and secure. Through agile processes, you will work on a variety of projects.
- Work either independently or with a group of skilled support engineers to develop new features, and resolve bugs.
- Communicate with Operations team to identify and solve production issues.
- Develop code, scripts, extracts and other artifacts required to solve technical issues.
- Communicate current status of issues to the manager as necessary, based on severity and impact of the issue on the business.
- Interact with client services, professional services and other groups for troubleshooting efforts.
- Be proactive and inquisitive with a clear focus on problem solving.
- Must have flexibility with work hours and be able to provide on-demand support as required.
- Will be on rotational call 24X7.
- Document findings including new defects in products and create knowledge base articles.
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions and supporting production
- Experience with C#/VB.NET, ASP.NET and SQL Server
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux servers and Oracle
- Object oriented principles
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Ability to work with development team managers to deliver releases on time
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Experience in PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby
- Experience in legacy technologies - VB, C++
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Unix development experience in AIX, Linux, or HPUX
- Experience with creating installers for Windows software and managing Windows server/workstation configurations
- Comfortable with Agile processes
- Familiar with MVC, REST / SOAP API structure and WebAPI