Software Engineer (NYC OR Charleston)
25 Calhoun Street Charleston, SC 29401
Our Client has been chosen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to build and operate one of the largest trading databases ever created; Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive audit trail that will track orders throughout their lifecycle and identify the broker-dealers handling them, thus allowing regulators to more efficiently and accurately track activity in Eligible Securities throughout the U.S. markets. When complete, the CAT will be the world’ s largest data repository for securities transactions tracking approximately 58 billion records of orders, executions, and quote life-cycles for equities and options markets on a daily basis.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the work they provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
- BS degree in CS or EE with excellent GPA/academic performance
- 5+ years of experience in the financial or technology sectors
- Excellent programming skills, including experience in C++, Python, and Linux
- Solid foundation in data structures and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in close knit teams in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and flawless communication skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis and/or scalable, distributed computing