Software Developer - Credit
Duties and Responsibilities: The Python Developer in the Credit Technology group will work closely with members of trading desks and other members of the Technology team to develop best in class desktop trading applications. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise to support, enhance, and refresh existing and new trading desktop applications. (S)he must demonstrate ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
- Responsibility for all phases of the technology enablement life cycle
- Coordinating and communicating specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project
- Develop and maintain real-time trading applications, including building new apps and enhancing existing ones to cut down trading workflows to achieve optimal throughput
- Partner closely with the business to learn more about the technology impact
- Advising on the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for each project
- Daily responsibilities to include: o Working on strategic applications o Handle any tactical fixes o Interact with users to gather new ideas and feedback on existing apps o Strategize and outline areas of improvements o Provide support to users during trading hours Candidate Requirements
- Experience with Python or other functional programming language (Haskell, F#, Ruby) on a Linux platform.
- Professional experience on the client side building UI’ s or data visualizations.
- Willingness to learn new tech to work on project as needed
- Comfortable with working on both Linux and Windows environment.
- Financial Industry knowledge - Credit markets (Bonds, CDS) and experience working with Traders/Quants - preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.