Houston, TX 77011
We are searching for a Software Architect with extraordinary programming skills to help build a services layer on top of our internal database. Responsibilities include developing software that enables us to ingest financial data that will be surfaced to our different stakeholders for analysis.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in hands-on large scale software development and enterprise architecture
- 1+ year of software architecture experience on large scale systems
- Experience with Java (or other VM languages), Python, C or C++
- Extensive experience designing and developing in-house software solutions
- Microservices architecture design experience
- Recent experience working closely with and mentoring junior software engineers
- Deep knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas is highly desirable: funding, cash management, trading operations, fund accounting, investor accounting, corporate accounting, and regulatory reporting
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
Ideal candidates will have:
- Data modeling experience in a financial services environment
- Experience in the investment management, fund administration, clearing, or prime brokerage space with a strong working knowledge of business processes they were exposed to.
- Ownership mindset, with demonstrated partnership with functional counterparts to deliver on a material set of business objectives.
- Delivered technology and developed subject matter expertise within one the above noted functional areas.
Designed and delivered high volume functionally complex software services