Site Reliability Engineer
Chicago, IL 60601
What you get to do:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be an essential member of a dynamic team, you will be part of our AWS cloud deployment platform, “ automating all the things”, to support our flourishing product portfolio.
- Write scripts and code to automate the provisioning of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Help implement monitoring and log aggregation approaches to notify partners of issues and communicate metrics.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments.
- Help implement security strategies in compliance with government and other regulations (such as PCI-DSS).
- Document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments.
What you will bring to the team:
- An understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Familiarity with at least one IAC / CM tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience developing or deploying Docker Containers on ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, ELK, Splunk
- Familiarity with at least one code build/deploy tool such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild / CodeDeploy
- A bachelor' s degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field.