Site Reliability Engineer (Charleston OR NY)
25 Calhoun Street Charleston, SC 29401
Our Client has been chosen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to build and operate one of the largest trading databases ever created; Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive audit trail that will track orders throughout their lifecycle and identify the broker-dealers handling them, thus allowing regulators to more efficiently and accurately track activity in Eligible Securities throughout the U.S. markets. When complete, the CAT will be the world’ s largest data repository for securities transactions tracking approximately 58 billion records of orders, executions, and quote life-cycles for equities and options markets on a daily basis.
Given the breadth of our client’ s ambitions, the technology work they provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. CAT is an opportunity to put your name on something that has never been done before.
The role involves combining cutting-edge open source and proprietary technology to support back-end systems written in C++ and front-end systems using Angular and NodeJS, improve supporting tools and infrastructure, create fast C++ build systems, and improve workflows.
- Supporting and improving daily processes such as testing, backup, and deployment, via automation
- Proactively assisting other developers in diagnosing and solving issues with development and build environments
- Establishing and improving infrastructure in support of production, test, and development systems
- Monitoring systems for issues in real-time, responding to them as they occur, and working proactively to minimize future issues
- Handling support requests from clients in support of both production and test systems
- Proactive with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Strong working knowledge of FreeBSD or Linux operating system, including basic system administration and a high degree of comfort working from the command line
- Strong experience with version control software and principles
- Strong programming skills, including experience with development in dynamic programming languages, strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with Open Source software including Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, GNU make, cmake, Redmine, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, BIND, Prometheus, and PostgreSQL
- Financial Experience is NOT required