600 West Chicago Avenue Suite 825 Chicago, IL 60654
As a Security Engineer, you will evaluate and implement solutions and policies related to information security. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations of corporate firewalls, network access controls, DLP, vulnerability scanners, and other information security systems.
What you' ll do:
- Implement, manage, and monitor network security devices such as firewalls, network access control, network device auditing, network forensics, behavior auditing, IDS/IPS, and DLP services.
- Involved in Threat Hunting exercises and take a purple team approach to security in the environment.
- Collaborate with vendors and relevant IT groups related to information security.
- Automate existing processes and procedures to create a highly resilient security infrastructure.
- Perform relevant vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Implement and make recommendations for Information Security policies and standards at the network, server, and endpoint levels.
- Assist in performing investigations of anomalous activity and creating actionable reports to senior management.
Skills you’ ll need:
- 3-5 years of experience working in information security, or 4+ years working in Network, Windows, or Linux systems administration.
- Demonstrated success implementing and maintaining effective information security practices.
- Strong understanding of information security regulations (NIST 800-53, GDPR, NYDFS, etc)
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and IPSEC VPN
- Experience with enterprise firewalls, network switches/routers, IPS and IDS. Palo Alto Networks experience strongly preferred.
- SIEM technology experience preferred, Splunk proficiency strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with DLP and data classification technologies.
- Familiarity with NAC (network access control) technologies
- Experience with securing cloud based applications.
- Passionate about high-quality of work and continuous improvement.
- CCNA, PCNSE, G-PEN, GCFA and GCFE or other networking certifications preferred. BS Degree in CS, Mathematics, Engineering or Equivalent Experience