Risk Management Analyst
Dallas, TX 75201
Quantitative Analyst – Risk Management
Our risk management team is responsible for the monitoring and management of the firm’ s risks, with an emphasis on market risk. The team also partners closely with the firm’ s co-CIOs, portfolio managers, analysts and traders on a variety of portfolio management topics.
We are seeking a talented individual to serve in a hybrid analyst/developer role. This role partners with our front office professionals working with complex quantitative problems in the context of strategy evaluation and risk modeling. The ideal candidate will have strong software development skills and will be expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of derivatives, risk management techniques and financial markets. The candidate will be tasked with developing tools for use by the team and will use their software development skills to accomplish specific portfolio-facing projects. As the candidate’ s proficiency and experience grows, he or she will have the opportunity to work on projects of increasing importance and impact to the firm.
- Build robust tools and reports to use in evaluation of our portfolios. Focus on developing strong, re-usable components that can be leveraged by others on the risk management for all portfolios across the firm
- Develop detailed knowledge of instrument-level risk calculations and our proprietary analytics.
- Acquire strong understanding of our business, the risk technology stack and the instruments/trading strategies employed
- Cultivate individual opinions on the risk profiles of various trades
- Perform risk analysis using our internal database and other quantitative risk tools
- Understand the portfolio in detail and monitor for risk exposures outside of defined parameters
- Effectively partner with risk management analysts, front office personnel and other developers at the firm to improve our overall toolkit and process
Required Job Skills
- Bachelors or Master’ s Degree in a STEM field (e.g. Math, Computer Science, Statistics, etc.)
- 2-5 years of progressive working experience with python while in a financial firm
- Experience with Python and database tools (e.g. SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a high degree of self-direction
- Effective time management and organization skills - ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast paced environment