72 Cummings Point Road Stamford CT, CT 06902
Our Client is a global private investment asset management company managing the assets of its founder, and employees. The firm focuses primarily on discretionary long/short equity investing and makes significant quantitative and macro investments. It is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, maintains offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Boston and New York.
The Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. They are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join the team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. The team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
About the Role:
- Build analytical tools to facilitate rapid, ad-hoc understanding of performance and risk for portfolio managers, senior management, risk managers and analysts.
- Develop quantitative analysis of risk to create game changing solutions
- Build and support risk operational infrastructure to maintain and continually exceed high standard of excellence.
To succeed as a Risk Developer you must embody the following values:
Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
Communication: We interact directly with risk managers, senior management, and portfolio managers, in addition to our colleagues in the technology department. The ability to communicate with technical peers and our business users in terms that both groups can understand is crucial to our success.
Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
Curiosity: we always ask “ why?” We don’ t accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don’ t have all the pieces.
- An interest and passion in the understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specification.
- 5+ years programming experience, with 2+ years dedicated to C#.
- Advanced SQL development experience.
- Development of risk management systems or valuation engines.
- Design and development of fully functional GUIs.
- Experience using Scala
- Experience using, designing, or developing with NoSQL technologies
- The candidates will be tested on his/her knowledge of financial markets, and his/her ability to code in C# and SQL.
- 2+ year experience in hedge fund/investment bank