Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds. Their trading is diverse— across asset classes and instruments, using their own models and systems. They’ ve grown to more than 700 exceptional people in six cities around the world.
Our Client is looking for a Risk Analyst to be a part of the global risk management team. This team operates closely with trading and technology teams to manage the risks inherent in trading a diverse set of strategies across a variety of asset classes.
Our Client is looking for someone with a critical, quantitative and proactive approach. It will be your responsibility to support risk analysis and development projects, along with developing an understanding of risk at various levels of aggregation. You will work closely with the risk development team, monitoring and enhancing risk management’ s tools and reporting infrastructure. To excel in this role, you will use your experiences and your analytical skills to add value.
As a Risk Analyst, you will assist in managing the day-to-day risk including monitoring and analyzing market, credit, operational and liquidity risks.
- Assist in the development of tools and frameworks used in the risk evaluation of our portfolios
- Focus on collaborative effort to develop scalable/re-usable risk based analysis that can be leveraged by others within and outside the risk management function
- Master knowledge of instrument-level risk calculations and our proprietary analytics
- Build strong understanding of our businesses, the risk technology stack, and the instruments and trading strategies employed
- Develop individual opinions on the risk profiles of various trades
- Perform risk analysis using our internal database and other quantitative risk tools
- Understand portfolio exposures in detail and monitor for risk exposures outside of defined parameters
- Effectively partner with risk management development analysts, front office personnel and other developers at the firm to improve our overall toolkit and processes
Required Job Skills:
- Bachelor’ s or master’ s degree in a STEM field (e.g., math, computer science, statistics)
- 2-5 years of experience with exchange or OTC traded products
- Experience with Python, R, VBA or database tools (e.g., SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a high degree of self-direction
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast paced environment