San Francisco, CA 94105
We are looking for an analytically-minded analyst interested in expanding their knowledge of financial markets and hedge funds. Leveraging their existing coding abilities, the analyst will gain first-hand experience building new front-office solutions while working closely with other investment team members to iteratively improve existing models and data. Through these projects, the analyst will develop a deep understanding of the statistical methods used by institutional investors to construct high-quality portfolios and manage risk. Additionally, the analyst will work closely with our external data modeling and visualization partner, Looker.
The analyst will be an integral part of our research process, and gain exposure to a wide array of hedge fund managers and investing strategies, including: relative value, equity market neutral & low net equity, event driven, and distressed & credit securities.
- Create automated solutions using SQL and/or Python to bolster our internal reporting capabilities and databases
- Collaborate with external analytics partners to build new research tools and dashboards Support quantitative and qualitative analysis across our current-and-prospective manager due diligence process
- Experience building solutions in Python, SQL, and/or LookML At least one year of previous professional experience
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, finance, economics, accounting, or math
- We are looking for a candidate who is intellectually curious, energetic, and willing to work as part of a small team based in San Francisco.